The hostel is housed in two historic buildings and is centrally located in Portland’s active historic district with restaurants, coffee shops, and night life. Walk to most everything! We offer dorms and private rooms, kitchens, common areas, and outdoor courtyard and gardens. Features include 24 hour reception, free wifi, free city maps, on-street parking, and lots of information on things to see and do. Our staff are well traveled, friendly and helpful. We offer regular events, such as hikes, brew pub tours, and communal dinners.
We are expanding!!
In February of 2017 the hostel will open its newly constructed building right next door! This will bring us to 3 buildings in the block, all adjacent to one another.
Here’s what’s coming:
- The Hostel Commons: another hostel common space located in the new building and designed for late night hanging out. A glass wall will open to the new courtyard and there will be an ordering window to the new Hostel Café.
- The Hostel Courtyard: a brick paved outdoor space between the new building and the historic Elliston. It will have outdoor tables and plants.
- The Hostel Café: will feature classic American cuisine at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and will draw on healthful local ingredients. It will be open to the local community as well as the hostel. Opening early and closing late!
- 78 dorm beds: mostly in 4 bed dorms with a few 6 bed dorms and private rooms will be added in the new building.
- New Front Desk & Lobby: the current front desk in the Elliston will move next door to the new building, from 425 NW 18th Av to 479 NW 18th Av.
- More Family Rooms: we’ll be adding 4 more family rooms in the historic Elliston, featuring a queen bed and a set of bunks.
- The Library: will be added in the Elliston where the front desk lobby is now.