The hostel is housed in two historic buildings and is centrally located in Portland’s active historic district with restaurants, coffee shops, and night life. Walk to most everything! We offer dorms and private rooms, kitchens, common areas, and outdoor courtyard and gardens. Features include 24 hour reception, free wifi, free city maps, on-street parking, and lots of information on things to see and do. Our staff are well traveled, friendly and helpful. We offer regular events, such as hikes, brew pub tours, and communal dinners.
We have expanded!!
In March of 2017 the hostel opened its newly constructed building right next door! This brought us to 3 buildings in the block, all adjacent to one another.
Here’s what we’ve added:
- The Hostel Commons: another hostel common space located in the new building and designed for late night hanging out. A glass wall opens to the new courtyard and there is an ordering window to the new Hostel Café.
- The Hostel Courtyard: a brick paved outdoor space between the new building and the historic Elliston. It will has outdoor tables and plants.
- The Hostel Café: features classic American cuisine at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and draws on healthful local ingredients. It is open to the local community as well as the hostel. Opens early and closes late!
- 78 dorm beds: mostly in 4 bed dorms with a few 6 bed dorms and private rooms will be added in the new building.
- New Front Desk & Lobby: the front desk in the Elliston moved next door to the new building, from 425 NW 18th Av to 479 NW 18th Av.
- The Library Lounge: has been added in the Elliston where the front desk lobby was.