Thursday, November 10, 2016
Celebrating winter and fall beverages, foods, and cozy spots! Check out this list of our favorite cozy places – with the best flavors and textures for your mouth.
Our favorite soup spots:
- Savor Soup cart features their Tomato Orange Fennel soup everyday but creates an array of 3 other soups that rotate each day.
- Hot Pot City has an amazing selection of raw ingredients that you cook yourself in a one of their chosen broths. Sauces, seafood, tofus, vegetables, spices and noodles area all additions you can add to customize your meal. Hit the buffet as many times as you like, they will keep refilling your broth. Thanks to the carefully divided cook pots you can choose 2 broths per pot to share.
- Toast and Pho right up the street has great home cooked pho and other traditional Vietnamese foods to warm you up.
- Boke Bowl is another favorite right around the corner. Hot ramens and other fusion meals decorate their menu. Get 10% off when you show your Hostel key card!
- Chen’s Good Taste has some of the best Wonton Soup! Check them out for real unassuming Chinese food down in the NW Old Town district. Try the Eggplant with Tangy Sauce too!
Our favorite drink spots:
- Anna Bananna’s for their intentionally crafted London Fog – you’ll never have another like it! We also love their friendly atmosphere. Locals gather and chat in Portland’s longest running coffee shop. 10% off when you show your Hostel key card.
- Pope House Bourbon Lounge will make you an uh-mazing hot toddy!
- Cacao makes a variety of hot chocolates, drinking chocolates, hard chocolates and other fun chocolate treats. They are incredibly specialized and also very welcoming. Check out their casual atmosphere while sipping a drinking chocolate – which is our pick.
- World Cup Coffee located across the street, of course they are one of our favorites. They love our domestic and world travelers, are a great spot for a meeting or getting work done as well as for cozy conversations with friends. We really like that they roast their own coffee beans and employee well trained baristas. Check out their Pumpkin Spice Latte #basic #ohmanitsgood
Let us know your favorites!